Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's Official. Sanctuary is Reformed and Plays first Gig.



Awhile back Warrel Dane in a interview stated that he was looking to reactivate Sanctuary and maybe do some touring.I think fans were concerned as was he if he could still hit the notes that Sanctuary was infamous for. For those unaware Sanctuary was the band Warrel Dane and bassist Jim Sheppard were in prior to forming Nevermore. The notable element with this was Warrel's falsetto high register vocal delivery which was far different then anything on more recent Nevermore albums. Well there is video evidence of the first gig played as Sanctuary and though the audio is not the best you can still get an idea if he pulled it off or not.I had my misgivings when I saw Nevermore last year but I think Warrel wasn't 100 percent healthy at the time. Anyways, here is Sanctuary performing Battle Angels which is one of the most falsetty songs they ever did.


No comments: