Monday, February 14, 2011

Top 5 Metal Love Songs.. A Woman's Perspective

So yah, I know Draeden said that the previous post was as romantic as we get here but he didn't take into account there's a girl writing here too. Being as it is Valentine's Day, I figured I'd throw out a quick top 5 of my favorite hard rock/metal love songs to keep in the festive mood.

#5 Nazareth - Love Hurts
How many of us didn't sit there at some point in our lives and sing with all our hearts "I'm young, I know, but even so" Yah, it's not romantic, but I don't believe I said I was going to be romantic with all my selections, just that they would be about love.



More after the jump

#4 Nine Inch Nails - The Only Time
"I'm drunk, but right now I'm so in love with you" Nuff Said. There was never a video made for this one, so I leave you with the live version. NSFW




#3 Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine
So much better than one of their later love songs which mentions something about french kissing the morning, which I still don't know how exactly you do. "Ain't no paramedic gonna save this heart attack" now that's some lyrics.



#2 Def Leppard - Hysteria
Had to go with the more love song off this album. Love Bites is also an excellent song but with similar themes to Love Hurts which I've already mentioned in this list. So rather than go that direction again. Does he really mean what I think he means when he says "Out of me, into you?" Maybe I need to get my head out of the gutter. Wait.. Did he just say "Open wide, drink in me"?? Okay maybe that is what he meant.



#1 Motley Crue - Without You
Gotta love the power ballad. "But with you in my life, you're the reason I'm alive". *insert wistful sigh here* Now mind you, this album also had the awesome love song "Don't go away mad, just go away". It was a bit of a toss up which one to include here.



So there's my quick top 5. I'll probably hit the post button and come up with a million more songs I could've used. I'll save them for later. Just 364 more days til Valentines.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

These are awesome picks! thank you for sharing, I'm terrible with remembering who performed what when or where! :)