Wednesday, March 02, 2011

OK People. You Can Rest Easy Now. Dragonforce Has A New Singer.



Yes. It is true. Dragonforce has finally replaced the perfectly coiffed vocalist ZP Theart with a 23 year old unknown ginger by the name of Marc Hudson. Here is the new guy's quote.

“I'm really excited about being a part of the DragonForce family,” said Hudson. “It's always been my dream to dedicate my life to making music. I'm going to bring all the power and emotion I can to the songs, and help make the killer new record the fans have been waiting for!”

And here is Herman Li's quote on the matter.

“After almost a year of searching around the globe, it's great to be able to finally tell our fans the good news. Marc's expressive and melodic vocals are sounding phenomenal on the new songs, adding another dimension to the DragonForce sound that I am sure all the fans will love.”

After the jump is some thoughts and a video of Marc's audition demo.


I love the tough guy imagery in the photo. Everyone is in black and they're highlighting the fact the guy is a red head to attempt to give some striking visual of the new look. So does this mean the day glo pants and guitars are gone now? the guy has some decent vocals with more of a edge to his voice then ZP had but is it going to translate any better on the older material? I don't know. See for yourself and let me know in the comments if you think Dragonforce is done or not.Oh and count how many times so far away is sung during this audition too.

1 comment:

Draeden said...

Oh snap.. he said "so far away".. that's just funny to me.. two.. as long as this dude doesn't throw water bottles at the fans, it's allright with me.. they still suck, but ya know.. water sucks more.