Friday, March 04, 2011

Woods of Ypres Issues Updates on Albums and A Tour



As I write this I had heard the bands name before but hadn't really listened. So I'm brand spanking new to this band and what I've heard so far I'm really enjoying. Woods of Ypres is a Canadian band that plays a form of blackened doom metal. They've been around a few years and have hopped to different labels with the current being Earache Records. Earache is getting ready to reissue the 2009 album Woods 4 : The Green Album on March 14th in Europe and the 22nd in North America and a tour is kicking off next week in support of this. Tour Dates and a video after the jump.


March 10 - Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario @ The Rosie

March 11 - Sudbury Ontario, @ The Serbian Centre (Sudbury Metalfeast)

March 12 - Barrie, Ontario @ The Fox Lounge

March 13 - Toronto, Ontario @ The Mod Club

March 15 - Philadelphia, PA @ Johhny Brenda's

March 16 - New York City, NY @ The Bowery Electric

March 17 - Worcester, MA @ Ralph's Rock Diner

March 18 - St. John, NB @ SunStar Lounge

March 19 - Halifax, NS @ Coconut Grove

March 20 - Moncton, NB @ The Manhattan Bar

March 21 - Fredericton, NB @ The Capital Complex

Here is the video for 'I was Buried in Mount Pleasant Cemetery'



I normally don't get into too much doom metal but this is good stuff. It reminds me a bit of Agalloch in some aspects but still their own entity. Here are some more links to check out the band with.

Official site

MySpace

Facebook

No comments: