Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day in Pictures with Kerry King

Photobucket



What a day yesterday. Spent the first half of the day trying to meet Kerry King then hosted a party at my homestead that evening but the party's not what you're here for. Let me walk through the adventure via pictures with you. Pics courtesy of my best bud Draeden since my camera is a piece of crap.



So this is the sign that greeted us when we arrived at around 11:30. We decided to peruse what the store has until then and almost bought some BC Rich guitars for less then 300 bucks but yeah. I wouldn't have survived long enough to post this if I had.



Photobucket



We got in line just before 12 and were the first two there. Over time surprisingly enough not to many people showed up in line overall seeing as this was only really advertised from what I could see on Blabbermouth. And except for one obnoxious dude not shown in this pic this was a really tame group of Slayer fans. I mean the employee that was making a movie stayed with us up front because we were the only ones making noise. The rest looked like they were in line to see a movie or something. Just to show I'm not lying, this pic was taken by me with saying " At the count of 1 2 3 give me a Slayer!!" Yeah, they were stoked.

Photobucket

So Kerry King was supposed to get there at 1 and we were informed that due to unfamiliarity with driving in San Fran and traffic that he would be running25-30 minutes late. It ended up being 2:30 or so before he arrived.

Photobucket

Here is Draeden getting up there to meet him and get Seasons in the Abyss signed.

Photobucket

Kerry was pretty cool. He told us to go ahead and come up because he made everybody wait long. Even though they were still trying to set up the table he was supposed to be at.

Photobucket

Cooool, I get to meet the man himself.

Photobucket

Gotta put up the devil's horns. \m/

Photobucket

So after waiting quite awhile I didn't think to ask about how the previous night's show in Sac went or to say I'm eagerly waiting World Painted Blood coming out but did exchange a few words and got Reign in Blood signed. So it worked out in the end.

Photobucket

So all in all it was a cool but brief experience. I would have to say that in the future I probably wouldn't want to be first in line again because I had called previously to get the lowdown on what could be signed and if pics with him could be taken and there was conflicting info to what I was told the day before. If we had been further back in line we could have gauged how it would go and then probably would have gotten more personal pics taken but it's all good.

I'll close out of here with a vid of Kerry King talking about the upcoming album and honoring Dimebag during the recording of World Painted Blood that's dropping later this summer. Date to still be determined.

No comments: