Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Shuffled Playlist Random Thoughts 10-14-09

Photobucket

While I'm trying to gather more material to post about I figure I'm overdue to do another one of these. I'm still waiting to see if the old shuffler is going to out some of my embarassing music choices. I guess I need a bit of excitement in m life. Here we go.

Ah it's Godsmack's Now or Never off of the self titled debut. This song has a pretty kick ass bass line to open with. I know Godsmack get's alot of flack these days for being a part of the nu metal wave in the late 90's to early 2000's, but honestly in 1997 this was a huge breath of fresh air in a stagnant rock scene. Of course they never strayed much away from this formula over the next few releases and in fact I've seen them twice in concert and they were pretty dull to be honest. But there is no denying that in the land of Korn and Bizkits this was a much needed shot in the arm for those of us missing straight up heavy music.

No comments: