Friday, October 01, 2010

Impromptu Interview: Kim Gosselin of Blackguard

Photobucket

A few days ago I made mention of speaking with Kim Gosselin of Blackguard at the Nevermore show. Kim is the lead guitarist for the band and happened to be at the merch table after their set. I jotted down some notes of the questions I asked and since I didn't have anything that could record the conversation I'm going to have to play this by ear. So check it out after the jump.

1. When are you guys ever getting off tour? In order to make a living they have to continuously be on tour.They realize that cd sales alone could not sustain them so like any other job you have to keep working in order to survive.They should be done with this round of touring after the next Epica leg in order to go and record the new cd.

2.So you are writing music for the next cd while on the road? He writes songs when he can usually if there is a bit of a break from touring they'll sit down and write out some tunes maybe in a hotel or on the road. They were planning to do spend a few days of actual recording at a friends house in the area when the Nevermore tour came up.

3. When can we expect the new cd to come out? After the year is out and the touring stops they will go back and mix and master the album and finish off anymore songs and hopefully by around April the new album will come out. They do have 4 songs completed.

So there ya go, I spent about 5 minutes with him because he was trying to sell some stuff and I apologize that this reads more like cliff notes then an actual interview but it was the best I could do under the circumstances. In hindsight I wish I had Martin at least come over and snap a pic with his camera but nothing can be done about it now. A big thanks goes out to Kim for hanging with me and answering my generic questions and also for listening to me babble about missing them the both times I had a chance too.

No comments: