Friday, January 07, 2011

Y&T Bassist Phil Kennemore Passes Away at Age 57

Photobucket

I guess Death wasn't done taking people from us last year. Phil Kennemore was diagnosed with lung cancer last year some time around July or August. From everything I read on Blabbermouth he was getting checked out for an injured back that forced him off the tour when the diagnosis came back.It must have been an aggressive form because the only thing we heard was that there was a New Years Eve Benefit concert for him and that Wendy Dio's Stand Up and Shout Fund donated money. Now almost a week after the benefit show I see this on Blabbermouth. Stunned would be a proper word.

I enjoyed some of Y&T's music growing up in the 80's and this is yet again another reminder of how mortal we are. My deep condolences to Phil's family and friends over this loss.After the jump is a couple of Y&T videos in honor of Phil Kennemore.

This was the first Y&T song I ever heard. Look how young Phil and the guys are.


This is almost too sad and ironic to post. The last music video with Phil in it from the Facemelter album released in May of last year.


R.I.P. Phil

No comments: